“Success is all about having the right strategies to cope with challenges.”
Ms. Luria been a practicing social worker since she graduated from The University of Iowa School of Social Work in 2002. She currently works with children and families, using a variety of techniques, including PCIT, Play Therapy, Art, family therapy, and cognitive-behavioral strategies.
Prior to working at Hope Springs, she was employed by Center for Disabilities & Development at the The University of Iowa Hospital.
Ms. Luria recently won a 2017 Bill Sackter Award for her longstanding skill and exceptional commitment to serving the needs of people with disabilities.
At Hope Springs, Ms. Luria works with children and adolescents in psychotherapy, particularly concerns such as:
- outbursts, tantrums, meltdowns
- aggression and destruction of property
- lying and stealing
- difficulty with sleep and meals
- adolescent concerns
- autism, ADHD, and behavior disorders
My goal is to give every child and family that I work with the strategies that they need to accomplish the goals that are important to them. I work with people to help them overcome their challenges in order to experience more success and fully enjoy life.
- Psychotherapy for Children / Adolescents
- Services for Children with Intellectual disabilities
- Parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family therapy
- Services for children who have been through adoption or foster care
- MSW, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- BA, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa