We greatly care about our patients. Unfortunately, we do not have crisis services available.
If you (or a family member) are in crisis, you can:
- Call 911 if there is an immediate safety risk.
- Go to your local emergency room.
- Call the Johnson County 24-hour CRISIS LINE at 319-351-0140
- Contact Iowa Help Line at www.iowahelpline.org (for chat), 1-855-800-1239 (phone), 1-855-800-1239 (text)
- Text the transgender suicide hotline (Trevor Project) by texting START to 678678
- Call the transgender suicide hotline (Trevor Project) at 1-866-488-7386
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or at 1-800-273-TALK
If you are nervous about calling, or just want more information, here is an article entitled, “What Actually Happens When You Call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.” It has graphics and videos on what you can expect.