We greatly care about our patients. Unfortunately, we do not have crisis services available.
If you (or a family member) are in crisis, you can:
- Call 911 if there is an immediate safety risk.
- Go to your local emergency room.
- Call or text CommUnity Crisis Services (previously the Johnson County Crisis Line) at (855) 325-4296.
- CommUnity Crisis Services has a secure online chat available at builtbycommunity.org as well as additional location information.
- Call Your Life Iowa – this is 24/7 crisis support in Iowa via phone, text, or live-chat. Call (855) 581-8111 or text (855) 895-8398.
- Text 741741 – this will connect you with a crisis counselor.
- Visit the Domestic Violence Intervention Program website for free services for anyone in a risky or violent domestic situation.
- Visit the Rape Victim Advocacy Program website for free services for anyone in Johnson County as well as most surrounding counties.
- Contact the transgender suicide hotline (Trevor Project) by texting START to 678678 or calling (866) 488-7386.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 or at (800) 273-TALK.
If you are nervous about calling, or just want more information, here is an article titled, “What Actually Happens When You Call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.” It has graphics and videos on what you can expect.