Setting up Zoom
Zoom (HIPAA Compliant Version) is the platform we’re using for virtual visits.
Please visit this page for more information about Telepsychology services.
Preparing for your appointment
These tips will help you make the most of your virtual visit.
- Pick a private, quiet setting for your visit.
- If you plan to use your phone as your video device, set it on a stable surface and point it at your face. Avoid backlight, stay in one place and minimize distractions.
- Consider silencing other notifications to avoid interruptions from other phone calls, texts or apps
- If you or your child will be doing any assessment, please use a computer or i-pad.
- Many people prefer to use headphones as they can help them hear better, and may offer some improved privacy.
Before your appointment
About 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, follow these steps.
- Once your virtual visit has been scheduled, you’ll receive an email from our office, sending you an invitation and a meeting number. Keep this number. You will also receive a direct link to your Zoom visit in this email.
- If you don’t have Zoom on your computer, you can download the Zoom app from the Zoom Download Center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
- Click on the link provided to you in the email invitation from your provider.
- Each meeting has a unique 9, 10, or 11-digit number called a meeting ID. Enter the meeting ID number that was emailed to you by your provider.
- You may also be provided a password. If needed, enter this password.
- Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and click Join. By default, audio is muted initially, and you will have to click to turn it on.
If you need help
1. Our office phone lines will remain open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 am to 11:00 am on Friday. You may call us at 319-358-6520 to speak directly with staff. There may be times when our staff is on another line or can’t get to you right away. If that is the case, please leave a message.
2. You can also text us at our regular office number (319) 358-6520.
3. You can also call our regular office number to leave a message at (319) 358-6520.
4. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org